First Deputy Minister Alexey Vovchenko met with Deputy Secretary General of Council of Europe Gabriella Battaini-Dragoni to discuss gender equality issuesJune 17 2016
Alexey Vovchenko, First Deputy Minister of Labour and Social Protection of the Russian Federation met with Gabriella Battaini-Dragoni, Deputy Secretary General of Council of Europe (June, 14-th, Strasbourg, France) to discuss gender equality issues.
First Deputy Minister informed the Council of Europe in accordance with the order of the President of the Russian Federation the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection of the Russian Federation is working on a draft National Strategy of Action for Women 2017-2022 and an action plan for its implementation.
The future National Strategy will include the following main tasks:
- achievement of gender equality in political decision-making;
- improvement of economic situation of women and provision of their prosperity growth;
- creation of conditions for women's health maintenance at any age;
- provision of conditions for personal development, fairness of culture, educational, information, health care infrastructure and social services for women and men;
- encouraging of action to prevent violence and mitigate its symptoms, development of system to help victims of domestic and sexual violence;
- improvement of gender statistics characterizing the situation of women in society.
The meeting with Council of Europe representatives will play a significant role in preparation of the National strategy of Action for Women 2017-2022.
Published: June 17 2016